Monday 22 August 2016

Waiting

So the weeks are ticking by and I am still playing the waiting game, waiting for the literary agents that I have contacted to get back to me. I have had one reply, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear; the agent just said that my writing wasn't what he was looking for. I'm going to wait for a couple more to come back then start looking for another few agents to try. It's all so new to me, and I don't know if I'm going about it the right way, but I'll just have to persevere with it.

I suppose the worst case scenario is that nobody wants to publish me, which I suppose is a very real fear and possible reality. However I am still feeling very proud that I have in fact finished my book, and that I love it and enjoyed it. Getting it published would just be incredible; an absolute dream come true.

Whilst waiting I have had further changes in my life. I have finally landed a job copywriting for a website, which means I am leaving teaching. To be honest I am really relieved, both from taking a breather from teaching but also to finally get paid for a bit of writing. It is quite a pay difference, which is something that will take a bit of getting used to but I am ready for the change, and for the challenge. Hopefully this is the start of a really positive chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment